Below are SOME of the headstones of the Rowland Flat Cemetery. In an attempt to save as much space as possible and increase the speed of downloading, only part of the stone is displayed. Flinders Ranges Research has a full photograph of each of these, and many others as well.
When opening the gate to this cemetery one could be forgiven thinking that it was a private cemetery of the Koch family. Both Friedrich and his wife Anna arrived on the Catharina on 25 January 1839 as did some of the others who are buried here.
However, even though there are 47 members of the Koch family buried here it is still a public cemetery. It is known as the Holy Trinity Lutheran Cemetery which is also the last resting place for 18 members of the Gramp family and 18 of the Mattner family. The Schulz family is represented by 14 members and the Altman and Haese family by 8 each.