Old Pioneer Park Cemetery
The land for this cemetry was donated by H Cunningham. The first burial took place in 1854 when Frank Hunter was laid to rest after having been killed by an angry bull. About 600 people have been buried here, including some Aborigines. In 1864 this private cemetery was transferred to the District Council of Mount Gambier West.
The cemetery was destroyed by fire in 1914 and officially closed in 1938. A year later it was dedicated as Parkland and all trees and headstones removed.