The town of Keilli, about 10 kilometres from Redhill, was surveyed in August 1873 by J.H. Packard and proclaimed on 23 September 1875 as Redhill. Within two months its name was changed to Keilli, an Aboriginal word for 'extended plain'. It had a school between 1872 and 1909 and a post office, at first known as Broughton Extension. This name was changed as well in February 1876. It operated from October 1873 until 1920. The town was declared 'to cease to exist' in 1966.