Clarendon Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery
Below are SOME of the headstones of the Clarendon Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery. In an attempt to save as much space as possible and increase the speed of downloading, only part of the stone is displayed. Flinders Ranges Research has a full photograph of each of these, and many others as well.
The Wesleyan Church at Clarendon was built by Wright and Weymouth in 1851 on land conveyed to the church by George Morphett on 20 December 1849. It was opened in December by the Rev T.T. Null in December 1851. After being sold in 1874 to the Board of Education it housed the first school and then became the Druids Hall. It was superseded by the Clarendon Uniting Church in 1875. It is now a private residence. In 1885 it was reported in the Register that,
Its cemetery, which had 58 recorded burials, the first in February 1865, was closed after the last burial in 1875. All headstones were removed in 1982 and placed at the Clarendon-Kangarilla Cemetery.