Allen's Creek Bethlehem Lutheran Cemetery,
Allen's Creek village was created by Benjamin White around 1849 on section 1561 in the Hundred of Kapunda. It was named after Captain William Allen who had taken up land in the area in 1842. In January 1844 B.T. Solly was appointed to count the number of people living in the area. In 1847 Allen's Creek mine was operating, with John Barton Hack in charge, which gave employment to some 20 men. That same year John Rowe of North Kapunda was at the mine on 12 April when a miner fell down a well resulting in a compound fracture. The miner later died as a result of surgical neglect.
In January 1848 Edward Moyle was charged by the mine's Superintendant with being a dangerous lunatic. As it turned out he was just upset with his marital problems. The case was dismissed and Moyle discharged. Three years later the small village consisted of nearly 50 houses, an inn and a four mill. A school was conducted in the chapel from 1856.
Below are SOME of the headstones of the Allen's Creek Cemetery. In an attempt to save as much space as possible and increase the speed of downloading, only part of the stone is displayed. Flinders Ranges Research has a full photograph of each of these, and many others as well.